Volleyball Camp – Sport Camps for Sport Champs
August 21-25, 2017 | 9am – 3pm | $180* | Registration is full. Waiting list @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Teamwork, Cooperation, Good Sportsmanship & Fun
Volleyball Camp at Hamilton District Christian High is designed for both male and female athletes of all levels of ability and going into grades 7, 8, and 9. Leading the camp will be Brad Heidbuurt, HDCH Athletics Director, and Brad Douwes, Redeemer Royals Men’s Volleyball Coach.
Our experienced coaches promote teamwork, cooperation and a spirit of good sportsmanship and all take place in a fun, inclusive learning environment.
Participants in volleyball camp will benefit from an improved level of fitness, skill-specific drills, game play, and excellent attention and feedback. Through skill practice and game play, participants will develop his/her game in the following areas:
- Monday – Movement, Communication, Passing
- Tuesday – Serving and Attacking
- Wednesday – Blocking and Setting
- Thursday – Revisit Movement, Communication, Passing
- Friday – Review all Skills and Final Tournament
- $180 for the week.
- $150 for each additional sibling in a family.
- Each individual will receive a camp t-shirt.
- Players going to grade 7 can join both camps (Basketball and Volleyball) for a combined cost of $330. ($310 for Early Bird)
|10:45-11:45am||Controlled Rallies and Games|
|12:15-1:00pm||Lunch and Game Videos|
|1:00-1:45pm||Progressing Skill Work|
|2:00pm-3:00pm||Game Play and Mini Tournament|
- positioning on the court to receive serve, to defend attack and to cover attack
- psychology of the game
- what are you thinking about when you serve?
- how do you deal with a mistake?
- nutrition – what foods positively and negatively affect my play?
- opportunity to watch videos of high level volleyball including college/university, professional and Olympics
Volleyball camp participants may be inside and outdoors during the day. Please bring the following:
- Athletic shoes
- Nut-free lunches and snacks
- Refillable water bottle
Brad Heidbuurt, Athletic Director, Hamilton District Christian high
As athletic director and physical education teacher since 2001, Brad has coached 100s of students to become better athletes. In 2014, he coached the Junior Boys team and was tournament convenor for OFSAA Girls ‘A’ Volleyball.
I love the game of volleyball and it is very rewarding to help players improve their skills and watch them fall in love with the game too!”
Brad played both high school and varsity volleyball at Redeemer University College and continues to play men’s competitive men’s volleyball.
This week of volleyball will be an excellent way for the players to develop their skills, learn more about the game, and get ready for the upcoming seasons in their elementary school teams, high school teams and/or club teams.”
Brad Douwes, Redeemer Royals Men’s Volleyball Head Coach
Congratulations to the Lions’ Technical Director, Brad Douwes, named OCAA West Division Coach of the Year, and the OCAA nominee for CCAA Coach of the Year, for his strong season with the Redeemer Royals men’s team! Brad has been a part of the Royals family as both a player and a coach. In 2009-2010, Douwes led the Royals to their first Division I medal in history as an OCAA All-star and one of the best middles in the league.
He joined the coaching staff the following year and has helped to continue to develop the Royals Men’s Volleyball program into one of the best in the country, winning 3 OCAA medals in the past 4 seasons and securing a #2 National Ranking in 2012-2013.
The Hamilton District Christian High gymnasium features two volleyball courts with a wood playing surface. The facility is the competitive venue for Knights high school basketball and volleyball. In addition, HDCH offers campers a 20-acre campus for outdoor activities.