Basketball Camp – Sports Camps for Sports Champs
July 8-12, 2019 | 8:30am – noon | $145* ~ FULL (Waitlist only)
Male and Female athletes going into grades 6, 7, 8, 9
Striving to discover our full potential
A Sport Champ is an athlete who:
- doesn’t give up despite tough circumstances
- always competes with purpose and passion
- loves the battle more than the victory
- is determined to turn failure into success
- seeks to honor God and teammates before self
Teamwork, Cooperation, Good Sportsmanship & Fun
Basketball Camp at Hamilton District Christian High is designed for both male and female athletes of all levels of ability and going into grades 6, 7 and 8. Leading the camp will be Jared Patus, HDCH Boys Basketball coach. Our experienced coaches promote teamwork, cooperation and a spirit of good sportsmanship and all take place in a fun, inclusive learning environment.
Participants in basketball camp will benefit from an improved level of fitness, skill-specific drills, gameplay, and excellent attention and feedback.
- Basketball Camp – $145/week with $135 for early bird or additional camper
- Volleyball Camp – $190/week with $175 for early bird or additional camper
- Families who register for more than one week or register more than one camper will receive the “early bird” rate for each additional week or each additional camper that is registered. Registration for both basketball camp and volleyball camp is $320.
- Early Bird deadline is Friday, April 19.
- Each individual will receive a camp t-shirt.
Basketball camp participants may be inside and outdoors during the day. Please bring the following:
- Athletic shoes
- Nut-free lunches and snacks
- Refillable water bottle
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know if you have any questions that we can help answer.
Jared Patus, Hamilton District Christian High
Boys Basketball Coach
Jared has coached both boys and girls at the high school level for 8 seasons and counting. He has also been involved with instructing beginning players in various community settings.
Beyond the skills and understanding of basketball are many valuable lessons that transfer into everyday life. The most valuable to me have been teamwork, commitment and communication.” Jared Patus
Jared played high school basketball for a CWOSSA championship team and at the rep level as well. His fondest memories of his playing days are the relationships and comradery that were built with teammates and coaches.
When I reflect back to my beginning experiences with basketball I recall a strong focus on fundamentals. This is what I hope to instill in campers. Just like a successful jump needs a strong base, so to a developing player.”
The Hamilton District Christian High gymnasium features two basketball courts with a wood playing surface. The facility is the competitive venue for Knights high school basketball and volleyball. In addition, HDCH offers campers a 20-acre campus for outdoor activities.