Homemade cranberry sauce is always better.
This recipe originally came from Hamilton District Christian High’s Guild, the group of amazing volunteers who catered to raise funds for HDCH.
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp.of frozen orange juice.
- On a stove, heat the water to a boil and dissolve the sugar into it.
- Wash cranberries and add to the water and sugar.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the orange juice.
- Let the cranberries simmer on the stove for at least 20 minutes, until the berries burst open and a jelly-like substance is formed.
- Remove from the saucepan into a bowl, cover with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Enjoy your homemade cranberry sauce!