Male Athlete of the Year
Aaron 2014 / 2015
HDCH is pleased to announce the recipients of the Athlete of the Year Awards for 2014-2015. The Athletes of the Year are presented annually to a senior student that has made a significant impact on HDCH Athletics, while demonstrating the traits of leadership, sportsmanship and work ethic. They show healthy competition and a passion for their sport. This year, we are happy to have two male Athletes of the Year.
Aaron has played a great role in HDCH Athletics since grade 9, mostly in the individual sports. Although, Aaron played on our volleyball and hockey teams, he dedicated most of his time and effort to our Cross Country and Track and Field teams. He was also instrumental in starting and participating on the swim team this year.
Competing in the running events over his four years, Aaron was able to win city championships, qualify for SOSSA frequently, and break an HDCH record for steeple chase. Aaron was also able to qualify for OFSAA Regionals more than once for track and this year, he quailified for OFSAA Cross Country. Throw in a first place finish at the Ancaster Triathlon in grade 10 and you have the makings of a great athlete. Aaron represented HDCH well at all his competitions and showed good leadership, determination, and sportsmanship.
- played volleyball and hockey, but has really demonstrated excellence and leadership in the individual sports
- he was instrumental in started a swim team which happened for first time this year
- he has won city championships for the 3000m and 2000m steeplechase and he has gone to ofsaa regionals often.
- this past year he qualified for OFSAA in cross country
- 2 years ago he won the annual triathlon put on by Ancaster High
- he is dedicated, hard working, and he doesn’t give up.
Well done Aaron! Thanks for your many contributions to HDCH Athletics!