HDCH Course Selection
We believe it is critical that parents and guardians are involved in the process of course selection, helping students keep in mind their goals for the future, graduation requirements, and their particular gifts and passions. In order to encourage this, we provide online course selection.
We will make every effort to provide you with a schedule based on your choices; if this is not possible we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
- Note that most university programs require six 4U or 4M courses as a minimum admissions standard. Check the specific requirements of your chosen program carefully.
- Students need 30 credits in order to graduate. Refer to the Course Calendar for more information, and contact Student Services if you have any questions.
Hamilton District Christian High offers students myBlueprint education planning software. myBlueprint helps students plan their education and make the most informed decisions about the future.
Review potential secondary and post‐secondary pathways toward your long‐term goals
- For help with university programs and requirements, check out:
- For help with university programs and requirements, check out ontariouniversitiesinfo.ca for information on college programs and requirements, check out ontariocolleges.ca.
- For information on Christian Colleges and Universities, visit myblueprintstory.com.
- For information on apprenticeship programs, visit tcu.gov.on.ca or ontariocolleges.ca.
- For some sample pathways and an expanded planning guide, visit the Grad Guide on the Student Services group of the HDCH Edsby page at hdch.edsby.com.
Review graduation requirements. Be sure your plan includes all the courses required for completion of the HDCH and Ontario Secondary School Diplomas. A list of required courses is provided on pages 12 and 13 of the HDCH Course Calendar.
Review your history and be sure you have all the pre‐requisites for your preferred courses. You can check out specific course pre‐requisites in the Course Calendar and you can review your academic history via the Maplewood Parent Portal using your unique login information.
Based on the steps above, complete a four‐year plan. Then finish filling in the grade‐appropriate worksheet all students have been given by Student Services. (A printable version of each worksheet is available on the Student Services Group Page on Edsby.)
Course Selection Tips
Figuring out which classes you should take doesn’t have to be complicated. These course selection tips should be a great launching point for figuring out your own personal plan.