Figuring out which classes you should take doesn’t have to be complicated. These course selection tips should be a great launching point for figuring out your own personal plan.
Consider your long-term goals
Think about your gifts and talents, and consider what vocational pathways might be a good “fit” with who you are created to be. Discuss the long-term vision with parents, friends, and teachers.
Review potential secondary and post-secondary pathways toward your long-term goals
- For help with university programs and requirements, check out ontariouniversitiesinfo.ca
- For information on college programs and requirements, check out ontariocolleges.ca.
- For information on Christian Colleges and Universities, visit myblueprintstory.com.
- For information on apprenticeship programs, visit tcu.gov.on.ca or ontariocolleges.ca.
- For some sample pathways and an expanded planning guide, visit the Grad Guide on the Student Services group of the HDCH Edsby page at hdch.edsby.com.
Review graduation requirements
Your plan must include all the courses required for completion of both the Hamilton District Christian High and Ontario Secondary School Diplomas. A list of required courses is provided on pages in the HDCH Course Calendar.
Review your history and be sure you have all the pre-requisites for your preferred courses
You can check out specific course pre-requisites in the Course Calendar and you can review your academic history via myblueprint.ca.
Complete a four-year plan
Then step your way through course selection at myblueprint.ca.