The Student Services Department at Hamilton District Christian High is dedicated to helping students discover and develop their God-given gifts.
|Director of Student Services||Mr. Apersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Learning Coordinator||Mrs. Koiteremail@example.com|
To help meet student objectives, the Student Services Department offers:
- Academic counseling – course selection, timetable revisions, and academic planning
- Academic support – study skills, program accommodations, and individualized program support
- Post-secondary planning – exploration of post-secondary options and application processes
- Personal assistance – counseling, conflict resolution, and outside referrals. A certified counselor from Shalem Mental Health Network is regularly available by appointment
- Leadership and Peer Support – leadership training, tutoring and peer mentoring
- Resource Centre – electronic and print library of current materials
- Independent Learning Program – credit and non-credit academic support.
- The Student Services office also hosts an HDCH EDSBY group. On the Student Services EDSBY page, students and parents can find forms, contacts, and information about enrichment opportunities, scholarships, volunteer opportunities, and community programs / events.
Consider your long‐term goals. Think about your gifts and talents, and consider what vocational pathways might be a good “fit” with who you are created to be. Click to get tips and useful resources links to help you make your best selection
It’s important to be prepared and plan ahead. At Hamilton District Christian High we have a fantastic Student Services team that is always ready and available to help you with any questions you may have! Use this handy Grad Guide to help plan courses for Grade 9-12. It’s packed full of graphic organizers, charts, and useful resources links!
EDSBY Learning Management System
Hamilton District Christian High uses EDSBY to communicate online. Students see their schedules and assignments. They interact in a familiar Facebook-like system, safe from the public Internet. Parents see their kids’ homework and grades. Teachers can see a student’s whole academic picture. Administrators receive school or district-wide analytics. Everyone gets what they need in real time.
Hamilton District Christian High offers students myBlueprint education planning software. myBlueprint helps students plan their education and make the most informed decisions about the future.
Our multidisciplinary Learning Support Team has training and expertise in academic, emotional, behavioral, social and physical support. Our team members collaborate with teachers to apply and reinforce strategies and procedures that develop academic and social skills.
From community contribution to outstanding academic achievement, Hamilton District Christian High students may apply for Graduate Awards.
Take A Kid to Work Day
Wednesday, November 14, 2018 is national Take Our Kids to Work day. Hamilton District Christian High is pleased to support this worthy venture. On that day, there were no scheduled classes for students in grade nine (grades 10-12 will have class as usual); instead, grade nine students (along with thousands of students across Canada) spent the day “shadowing” their parents or community connections at their places of employment.
We recognize that not every workplace is suitable (or available) for grade nine visitors. However, if your workplace does not participate, please contact a trusted neighbour, friend or family member to see if they can host your son/daughter. Conversely, if you are able to host more than one student at your workplace, please consider extending an invitation to other HDCH students.